Yup, this post is happening a good 7 weeks into the new year.When I started writing out my goals at the beginning of the year, I realized that many of them revolve around Spark, and so I had to wait to share this post until our big announcement! Obviously having a baby in the middle of the summer has drastically changed how I am approaching this wedding season…and my business in general. At this point, I truly have no idea how my fall will shape up! I’m weighing the options, praying about it a lot, and just trusting that God will provide what I need, and not more than I can handle! That being said…goals for 2014!
(1) Shoot 8-10 weddings for the year, and love on my clients well! I am SOOO excited to get wedding season kicked off next month and am stoked for ALL of my Spring weddings!
(2) Blog 2-3 times per week, but have grace with myself when I miss that (which I have totally missed that already, ha!)
(3) Submit every wedding I shoot. (This is a new one for me! I have yet to find a way to really work that into my workflow, but I am determined to do it this year!)
(4) Give myself more grace with editing time.
Working full-time, being pregnant, and getting ready for baby takes a lot of time! I want to be quick and efficient, but not stress myself out with my editing turnarounds. I blogged a little bit about this back here.
(5) Cull weddings and shoots better.
Oh culling. It is the bane of my existence. I don’t even want to talk about how many images I start editing per wedding. It’s ridiculous. I have a goal of getting the images down to a VERY manageable number BEFORE I start editing, rather than edit double what I plan to deliver. That will save me so, so much time and heartache!
(6) Keep up my new website!
I am still so in love with my new website, but all of the weddings and engagements I shot in October last year are still missing from the galleries! I want to update this, and keep my galleries current throughout the year!
(7) Develop a client lounge for prospective clients, and a wedding lounge for current clients.
This is already in the works, and I am LOVING how it is coming together!
(8) Learn the ins and outs of OCF and PRACTICE!!
This is one of those things where I have learned as I go at receptions, but I am determined to learn WHY things work the way they work, and really learn to shoot for that, not just adjust the flash strength every other shot because it doesn’t look right. I also bought a 2nd OCF (so I’ll have one on camera and 2 off camera), and I am stoked to begin using that!!
(9) Finalize all the new packaging and paper products.
I have a good start on this, but there are a few more things to iron out, and I can’t wait to share it all!
(10) Organize my office and create a “packaging station” to store all of the odds and ends of packaging.
This one will be a bit different than originally planned because my current office is about to become a nursery (eek!!!). So I’ll be moving my office to our guest room, and we’re trying incredibly hard to see how/if we can keep our guest bed while still giving me a space for my office…we’ll see how that one goes!
(11) Pay myself a salary!
This one is truly exciting!! One of the positive sides of working a full-time job outside of photography, is having the blessing of being able to pour 100% of what I make back into my business. I have one more item I need to buy, but other than that, I am totally and completely set with all of my equipment and supplies. SO EXCITING!!
(12) Purchase a back-up 5D Mark III.
I currently have a 5D Original which I love, but I would like to have a back-up camera that is the same as my regular one.
(1) Have a healthy pregnancy
The first few months were a bit rough, but things are getting better! I just need to sleep about 13 hours a day, but aside from that…
(2) Workout 4-5 times per week
I’m counting walking the dogs as a workout some days…and if you’ve ever tried to walk our dogs, then you realize that this is a fantastic workout!
(3) Grow my personal relationship with God
We had a really tough year last year, and the hard times brought me closer to God than I had ever been, and I don’t want to lose that!
(4) Learn to live off of 1 income so we can save more
(5) Buy a new car with CASH
We are SO very close!!
(6) Be on time for work
Every.single.day. I am 5 minutes late. Yes, I know that’s nothing, but it drives me crazy! It doesn’t matter what time I get up, I just can’t get out the door at the right time.
(7) Go to bed by 9pm the majority of work nights.
My alarm goes off at 4:34am (yes random time I know), Monday through Friday. I am such a night owl, so my late night reading times always come back to haunt me in the morning.
(8) Complete all the house projects that we have been talking about doing for the last 4 years. There are a lot!
(9) Work on work/life balance with Ben. We’ve started some new things together and I’m excited to see how these work out!
How are YOUR 2014 goals coming along?